Basement Waterproofing Bedford Park, NY
Vulcan Basement Waterproofing In Bedford Park, NY
Course work includes hands-on instruction on applying the most suitable problem-solving methods. Our people also learn the principles and practice of preventive waterproofing – how to detect, interpret and correct the most elusive conditions before they erupt into a leaky basement and a major headache.
Above all, the Vulcan Master Waterproofer is an accredited expert in knowing WHY the condition exists, WHAT produces it and HOW it can be eliminated most efficiently and at lowest cost. Trainees must pass a battery of rigorous tests before their first job assignments. They must demonstrate an inclusive knowledge of expert Vulcan application technique.
In addition, our technicians receive ongoing guidance in maintaining the highest levels of performance, as well as in Vulcan’s latest methods and materials.
Any of the following conditions could promote decay that might, in time, force you to replace foundation walls and floors:
- Poor soil conditions around walls, caused by construction workers who backfilled the surrounding area with soil containing broken concrete or timber. The result: pockets filled with water that exert pressure against walls.
- Hydrostatic effects from water buildup whose constant pressure eventually leads to water penetration.
- Capillarity within porous walls and floors that absorb water from the surrounding soil.
- High water table, resulting from underground water which rises with rain, snow or the tides.
- Below-grade cracks and voids in building foundations and walls expose your home to yet another peril. They are avenues for invading armies of termites and insects on the attack.
What Sets Our Floor Covering Apart?
Our all natural stone flooring is the best solution for issues associated with dampness, water, or mold and mildew. Unlike other flooring such as carpet and tiles, our flooring is designed to “breathe” letting moisture from the porous concrete evaporate and thereby eliminating the ability of mold growth. With a new Stone floor you’ll never again have to replace damaged carpet, tiles or wood flooring in your home after spills, flooding, mold and mildew or any other similar occurrence.